Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hello Again

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments of fb and on blogspot! It's nice to hear from you guys.

I just came back from church (KPC- Kampala Pentacostal Church) and it was huge. They have services Sat night at 5:00pm, then 4 services on Sunday 8, 10, 12, and 2. We went to the 10:00 service and there is barely enough room for everyone to fit in this ginormous building. I have a feeling all services are just as packed. I felt like I was at a concert because so many people were there and they had nice equipment. The speaker was white and spoke about faith through tough times. It was good. I thought one interesting point was that we are the safest when we are at the center of God's will.

Today we are meeting our host families and are moving in with them. I'm a little nervous because I don't know what to expect. All i know so far is that the father is a tax officer, the other is a student, and they have 3 kids. I might be sharing a room with someone, I might not have running water, I might not have electricity some days, and might have pit latrines. Hm.... haha. Hopefully I will get along with the family well.

The weather is very hot at times, cool other times, and has been smoewhat rainy.

Things I miss from home so far: fresh air (sooooo much gas from cars/motorcycles). And of course family and friends.

I'll do my best to post pictures when I can but the internet/computers are extremely old and slow here.

My cell number here is (256) 75 4258542. There is an 8 hour time difference. Right now is 12:40pm but for America it is 4:40 am.

Okay well keep in touch everyone! I love to hear from you all!

-Julia

p.s. Sung, are you the Sung from GW or the Sung that I play flag football with?

4 comments:

Rebecca.Lee said...

Yay I'm the first to leave a comment on this post! This is so cool. You have your own African blog Julia!! I miss you so much and I wish you were here. Remember to keep safe and stay in large groups! And eat a lot and drink clean water and stay away from animals you think are harmless. Even though they look cute and helpless, you probably look like a good month's worth of food to them! Keep updating! This is wonderful! YAAAAy

Charles Yang said...

Hey Julia Hope your transition into the Live In family went well. Manna is praying for you!

Jamess said...

hey julia

hope ur having a good time over there...try to post some pics if u can thanks!

james shin

James said...

it's been 5 days now...
bring me back a pet zebra =)

james kim