Okay So i'm pretty much back to 100% better and am beginning to enjoy my time here again. Thanks for all those that prayed for me.
Hm, I don't really know what to update about.
The mouse that comes in my room is getting way too comfortable. I don't know what it is looking for but it keeps making so much noise while i'm sleeping. I wake up and try to make noise to scare it away but it doesn't care anymore. I shine my flashlight towards the area and it just stops for a second or two then goes right on crawling around my stuff. I need to get myself a mouse trap.
I've taken the bodabodas several times now (motorcycle taxis). I think i'll miss them when i come back to the states. They are awesome for lazy people who have to get places fast. Plus it's just fun and exciting.
I'm starting to look up classes to take. Not sure if i should make my first semester of senior year really hard and have the last semester pretty relaxed, or equal it out. any suggestions?
I just went shopping to get some gifts for people at home. So far there are pretty scarves, magic wallets but african looking, and earings. People, please let me know if there is anything specific you want, like a necklace? an african wrap? a statue? a drum? haha jk. please consider the size of what you want. i can only bring so much back. They have handmade placemats, handmade coasters, weaved bags, coin purses, lots of jewelry. For guys... ehh... not so much. beer bottle opener that looks like a hammer?
They have the best soft serve icecream here! i get strawberry/vanilla swirl and it's only 1000 shillings. that's... 60 cents!
Everytime i get sick i lose weight and whenever i'm feeling good i'm gaining weight. I have no idea how much i will have lost or gained by the time i get back. I would much rather gain weight than get sick again though. hands down.
Okay, sorry. this is a pretty boring post. I wish I could update people on the trip we made to the east and north of Uganda but it mostly consisted of being in a bathroom, or a hotel alone being miserable. Oh the drive back to Kampala which is about 5.5 hours was nice. I got to see a bunch of grass huts, and just a bunch of landscape. This guy name Guonza? gave me a ride but he didn't say a single word to me because i dont think he knew English very well. He stopped randomly and picked up some old man and gave him a ride as well. The only thing he said to me was, "Let me know if you need to take a short call." which stands for no. 1. hehe. he was nice though.
One thing I can't stand when i'm in a car is the gas. It's the worst when you are in traffic and this huge truck is letting out black smoke and it just blows in your face for a good 10 minutes while you try to pass it. bleh... i have lungs worse than a chain smoker by now. Fresh air is so good when you get the chance to breathe it here.
It's amazing how much cleaner the states is. People here dump trash on the ground like it's their job. And the way they dispose of it is putting in a huge pile on the side of the road and burning it. The burning includes plastic, metal, etc. I can't imagine how bad it is for me to breathe it in when I walk by, but then I think about the people who actually do the burning and stand in the pit all day long. *yikes* Also the air pollution from cars is crazy. All the cars they drive here are old and used.
wow ok this is pretty long. i'll update before I travel again to the west. miss everyone!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good to hear from you.
P. Paul
Glad you are feeling better.
Hmmm Trash, silent drivers who ask you if you need to pee, clouds of black smoke...sounds like you having an adventure lol. Well hope the rest of your stay goes well.
Cya back at Manna when you get back!
Charles Yang
JULIA!!!
I found your blog! Well, actually I found it a while ago but kept forgetting to write. haha it's so cute.
I'm glad to hear that you're recovering from your sickness, and I'm also glad to hear that you're having an amazing time so far, sans diarrhea of course :]
Be safe and healthy for the rest of your time abroad, and you MUST tell me about everything when you get back. Are you going to the west...as in western Africa...as in Senegal?? You have to let me know what that's like if you go to that area!!!!
Have fun and enjoy the rest of your time there!!
we always want our moms when we are sick, eh? aren't you staying till the summer? when will you be back again? btw... remember, tanzanites for me.... hehehe.
glad to hear that you're feeling better. I got an iphone today. =) I'm typing this right now with it. I'm on the train going home for Easter. Taking Friday off so I have a 3 day weekend. Well remember to eat healthy and stay well rested. Enjoy the rest of your stay there! Love, john
Hey Julia~~
I don't know if you got my email but just in case...
I picked up your package from pkge services and it's a flat one from RTI int'l?
I'm glad you're feeling better~~ =D
When are you coming back??
GAHH I have so much to tell you... screwed up things and weird things too and just...everything! Hurry home! I miss you!!!!
<3 Robin
Post a Comment