Sunday, April 6, 2008

BEST WEEKEND EVER!

Wow... So i just had the best weekend ever. Fifteen of us went to go white water rafting on the Nile River! It was class 3 and class 5 rapids and it was craaaazy! Our boat flipped about 5 times because we had such little weight on our boat. One of the times I thought i was going to pass out because I couldn't get to the surface of the water! The force of the rapids are SO CRAZY! We were swimming in the water and I drank a lot of it from trying to gasp for air and this water has parasites and all that nastiness in it. Let's hope i don't get sick. It's against the rules of our program to go on this but I have absolutely no regrets. We stayed at the campsite overnight and had such a beautiful view of the Nile. All of the rafting guides were amazing. They were always there for us when we needed them and they made it tons of fun. Okay time is running out. I WANT TO GO BACK RAFTING!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh, that sounds like so much fun! but remember to be safe! i went to a mets v. phillies game today and we lost really bad. =( and what made the night even worse is i've been doing work up until now (2am) since i got home! anyways, hope you're doing well. enjoy the last month. love, john

Jungmin w. Choi said...

Heyyy juliaaa =]

I'm really glad you are enjoying Africa!!!! man i miss you girlie. It's funnie that I do because I don't think I got to know you well enough to miss you. but I just miss having you around, your calm and honest presence.

and water rafting must have been so much fun. I'm quite jealous =]

miss you! =]

S.You said...

coolio! i cannot stop picturing you and "click language" that's way different than swahili as i am reading this post though..
i am kinda jealous of your adventure! be safe and be well! love!!!

who beefed said...

i'm glad that you enjoyed almost dying and eating parasite infested water. i guess this is what Uganda is doing to you..giving you thicker skin. hehe i miss you so much! but i can't believe how fast these past few months flew by. i really want to read another update so update us w/ a new post soon! you've got a little less than a month there so make the best of it! i feel like so much has happened back home since you left, so i'll email you soon..like after i write this comment =) stay safe and remember any stories bc i want to hear EVERYTHING about Uganda when you get back!! LOVE YOU!